5.10助动词练习_动词 5.10助动词练习 1. If it is fine tomorrow, we ______ a football match. a. have b. will have c. has d. shall has 2. When he was at school, he ______ early and take ...5.10助动词练习_动词
1. If it is fine tomorrow, we ______ a
a. have b. will have c. has d. shall has
2. When he was at school, he ______
early and take a walk before breakfast.
rise b. shall rise b. should rise would rise
3. In the past 30 years China ______
great advances in the socialist revolution and socialist construction.
made b. have made c. had made d. having made
4. I ______ go to bed until I ______
finished my work.
a. don’t/had b. didn’t/have c. didn’t/had d. don’t/have
5. ______ you think he ______ back by
come b. Did/will have
come c. Does/will
come d. Do/will have
6. He said that he dropped his bag when
he ______ for the bus.
runing b. was running c. were running d. is running
7. No sooner ______ he arrived home than
he ______ to start on another journey.
asked b. have/were
asked c. had/is asked d. had/was asked
8.“ ______ you give me a room for the
night?” I asked on arriving at the hotel.
a. Should b. Can c. Might d. May
9. There are nine of them, so ______ get
into the car at the same time.
a. they may
not at all b. all they may
not c. they can’t all d. all they can’t
10.“ We didn’t see him at the lecture
yesterday.”“He ______ it.”
attend b. cannot have attended
c. would have not attended d. needn’t have attended
11.“ You realize that you were driving at
100 mph, don’t you?”
“ No, officer. I
______. This car can’t do more than 80.”
a. didn’t need
to be b. may not have
been c. couldn’t have
been d. needn’t have been
12. he was a good runner so he ______
escape from the police.
a. might b. succeeded to c. would d. was able to
13. If they ______, our plan will fall
co-operating b. had not
co-operated c. won’t
co-operate d. didn’t co-operate
14. I hoped ______ my letter.
a. her to
answer b. that she would
answer c. that she answers d. her answering
15. He ______ live in the country than in
prefers b. likes to c. had better d. would rather
16. ______ to see a film with us today?
a. Did you
like b. Would you like c. Will you like d. Have you liked
17. I’m sorry, but I had no alternative.
I simply ______ what I did.
do b. had to do c. ought to have done d. have to do
18.“ Time is running out,______?”
we better got start b.
hadn’t we better get start
we better get started d. hadn’t we
better not started
19. No one ______ that to his face.
say b. dares saying c. dare say d. dare to say
20. The students in the classroom ______
not to make so much noise.
a. need b. ought c. must d. dare
21. You ______ last week if you were
really serious about your work.
a. ought to
come b. ought to be
coming c. ought have
come d. ought to have
22. The elephants ought ______ hours ago
by the keepers.
a. to be
fed b. to feed c. to being fed d. to have been fed
23.“ I wonder why they’re late.”“They
______ the train.”
a. can have
missed b. could miss c. may have missed d. might miss
24.“ Tom graduated from college at a very
“ He ______ have been
an outstanding student.”
a. must b. could c. should d. might
25. You ______ the examination again
since you had already passed it.
have taken b. didn’t need to
take c. needn’t take d. mustn’t take
26. He is really incompetent! The letter
be finished typing b.
must be finished typing
have finished typing c. should have been finished typing
27. The boy told his father that he would
rather ______ an astronaut.
a. become b. to become c. becoming d. became
28. When we reached the station, the
train had still not arrived; so we ______.
not to hurry b. needn’t have
not to have hurried d. didn’t need to hurry
29. Since your roommate is visiting her
family this weekend,_____ you like to have dinner with us tonight?
a. will b. won’t c. wouldn’t d. do
30. He was afraid what he had done ______
a disastrous effect on his career.
have b. could be c. have been d. shall be
31. He ______ hardly say anything more,
since you know about it.
a. don’t need
to b. needn’t c. needs d. need
32. You ______ the look on his face when
he won the prize.
a. would have
seen b. should have
seen c. must see d. can be seeing
33. Some people think the stock market
will crash, but ______.
wonder if it happens b. I doubt
if it will happen
c. I am afraid it wouldn’t
happen d. I doubt if it does
34.“ Whatever has happened to George?”“I don’t know. He ______ lost.”
a. can have
got b. may have got c. might get d. could get
35. He has no idea what the book is
about. He ______read the book.
a. couldn’t b. couldn’t have c. mightn’t have d. shouldn’t have
36. New studies show that two of Saturn’s
rings ______ longer than the 4.5 billion years since the birth of the Solar
a. could have
lasted b. should have lasted c. would have lasted d. must be lasting
37. Take the telescope with you in case
you ______ it in your expedition.
need b. would need c. should need d. could need
38. Need he come at once? Yes, he ______.
a. must b. must not c. need d. may
39. Please answer the phone. It ______ be
by your father. If it is, would you tell that I want to see him?
a. will b. should c. would d. could
40. We’ll never give in whatever they
______ say or do.
a. may b. will c. shall d. should
41. With all this work on hand, he ______
to the cinema last night.
go b. wouldn’t go c. oughtn’t go d. shouldn’t have gone
42. Everyone ______ the cake because
there wasn’t even a small piece left.
like b. must have liked c. must have been
liking d. had liked
43. I wish to recollect where I met her,
I b. may I c. may not I d. can I
44. I ______ think he will ______ dare
.. b. do/not c. ../not d. don’t/..
45. If reading is to accomplish anything
more than passing time, it ______ be active.
not b. must c. might d. is not
46. You ______ your seats today if you
want to go to the game.
better to reserve b. had
c. had to better
reserve d. had to reserve
47. I ______ the operation unless it is
rather not have b. would not
would not have d. rather not would
48. Many scientists ______ their own eyes
and ears than the theories of the ancients.
rather to believe b.
would rather believe
c. rather would believe d. will rather
49. To travel from England to Scotland
you ______ a passport.
got b. mustn’t have c. needn’t d. don’t need
50. One of the statements ______ to be
a. is turned
out b. has turned
out c. have been
turned out d. have turned out
51. I don’t know whether it will rain or
not, but if it ______ rain, I shall stay at home.
a. will b. did c. does d. shall
52.“ You’d like some tea,______?”
you b. shouldn’t you c. hadn’t you d. didn’t you
53.“ May we take the books out?”
a. No, you may
not b. No, you can not c. No, you can’t d. Please don’t
54.“ I would have come sooner, but I ______
that you were waiting.”
know b. hasn’t known c. hadn’t know d. haven’t known
55. If you don’t want to, you ______ to
get there with us.
a. mustn’t b. can’t c. don’t have d. have not
56. I would go to visit them but I ______
think they are anxious to see me.
a. haven’t b. don’t c. doesn’t d. didn’t
57. Whatever you can do,______.
can do so as well b. I can
do this as well
can do it as well d. I
can do as well
58. _____- I realized the consequences I
would never have contemplated getting involved.
a. Had b. Have c. Having d. Has
59.“ Perhaps she is working for John.”“Yes, she ______ for him.”
have been working b.
may be working
have been working d. ought
60.“ I know she was in because I heard her
radio, but she didn’t open the door.”“She ______ the bell.”
not be hearing b. may not
not have heard d. must not be
61.“He was smoking.”“Then he ______ .”
to have been not smoking b. ought to have not been smoking
not to have been smoking d. ought to not have been smoking
62. You ______ out yesterday without a
coat. No wonder you caught cold.
have gone b. shouldn’t have
gone c. mustn’t have gone d. can’t have gone
63.“ Paul was riding a bicycle along the
motorway when he was hit by the trailer of a lorry.”
“ He _____ a bicycle
along the motorway; bicycles are not allowed.”
have been riding b.
couldn’t have been riding
c. oughtn’t have been riding d. can’t have been riding
64. I am listening. But you ______.
a. need be
listening b. should be
listening c. need have been
listening d. ought be listening
65. He ______ with us last night.
have liked to go b. should
like to be going
be liked to go d.
would like to go
66. I ______ his face when he opened the
like you to see b. would have liked you
to be seen
like you to have seen d.
would like you to see
67. You say you ______ do it, but I say
you ______ do it.
not/could b. will not/shall c. could not/need d. shall not/ought
68. We ______ put the meeting off for a
a. can as
well b. will as well c. shall as well d. may as well
69. ______ wind your watch every day?
a. Do you
need b. Must you have
to c. Have you to d. Do you have to
70. ______ give him a chance to try?
a. Oughtn’t to
we b. Oughtn’t we to c. Ought to we not d. Oughtn’t we
71.“ Did you blame him for his mistakes?”“______”
a. I’d rather
not do b. I’d not rather do c. I’d better not do d. I’d rather not doing
72. You had better ______ your hair cut.
a. had b. have c. to get d. to have
73. My sister didn’t go to the party last
night because she ______ the baby for her friend until 9:30.
have looked after b. would
have to look after
to look after d. should have looked
74. Mary is very late, she ______.
miss her train b. may have missed
c. must miss her train d. could miss her train
75. No matter what you may say, he ______
to his own views.
always stick b. will always
stick c. should always
stick d. must always stick to
76. It’s wonderful that you ______ have
achieved so much in these years.
a. may b. can c. should d. would
77. The students asked whether he ______
take the books out of the reading-room.
a. could b. might c. should d. would
78. He ______ still be thinking about the
question you raised.
a. may b. might c. must d. should
79. I’d be glad if you______ give me an
account of the fact.
a. shall b. should c. would d. may
80. He ______ accomplish the task in
a. did b. has c. is d. do
关键字：助动词和模样形状动词 动词 助动词 日语 助动词练习 初一助动词练习 非谓语动词练习